View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #9
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I've made Chrome my default.

As an Android/Google user, it made sense for me to do so on my PC. It really makes working with Google applications easier in my mind. No regrets so far! (Though I prefer a non Google browser called Dolphin for my android phone - go figure! I'm a complex guy!)

Occasionally I will still run into a website that simply won't run on anything but Internet explorer. Since I haven't deleted ie, I just manually launch it. Once I get a 'stubborn' web site launched successfully in ie, I bookmark it for easy retrieval in ie. I would guess I have only about 5 or 6 stubborn sites bookmarked at this point and I have decided to use them as little as possible.

These stubborn web sites seem to be financial web sites mostly. Which is odd to me considering IE's historical vulnerability to security exploits. I think financial institutions are just slower to change than most. I have noticed that these sites are decreasing in number and many former stubborn sites will now work with other browsers. I noticed this shift happening after Chrome went mainstream.

I don't know if it was a coincidence of timing, or if Chrome 'validated' the alternative browser idea for the managers of these sites in some way. But I applaud the steady decline in 'stubborn' web sites.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote