View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:20 AM   #689
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Use the USE_ALT_FONT trick on your PW. Take a font you like and get a copy of Type Light (if on Windows) and change the internal naming to match that of Times New Roman. Then when you get a book that the font cannot be changed, change it to the Times new Roman named font. That should work if it's the Word was used to make that eBook and thus, it's looking for Times New Roman screw up when Word is used.
My books get sprinkled with Alf magic so I could just strip the font in Calibre but that's not the point. If publishers can't be bothered to make a minimum of effort with their ebooks, then I can't be bothered to read them. I now check any new books whilst still in the refund window - if the font is locked then I delete the offending book(s) and do a return/refund. I've also sent some feedback to Amazon about the locked publisher font in some books (though I guess the chances of them doing anything about that is probably nil)
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote