View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #30
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I see that the stripped down fsck on my touch only checks devices.

I did "fsck -nf /dev/mmcblk0p1" and it told me about the missing "/lost+found" folder. That is normal for a kindle. The startup scripts delete that folder after creating ext3 partitions.

On my linux host PC, fsck also allows checking partition image files.

Perhaps you have a damaged partition image file. In another thread, use ppoo recently had the same problem as you, and it appears that he solved it by downloading and flashing a fresh copy of the partition file.
Only devices that contain an "unmounted" filesystem.
The losetup command (if present) should turn a file into a device (it can also turn a device+offset into a device).
On the "full" implementation of the "mount" command, the -o loop option calls "losetup" for the user. The stripped down version lets the user do the calling.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote