View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #8
hilaryfrompa
Member Retired
hilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Thanks, Filark. When I first darkened the forum's doorway after Christmas I was in search of a reader that reads aloud. Do either of your suggestions do that? I PM'd one really helpful poster and said that what would be truly wonderful would be a reader that reads aloud in foreign languages (French, to be exact). EDIT: I should have visited the link you provided before making this post; I see that both have read-aloud capabilities. I downloaded Coolreader, which apparently works for other people--without reading aloud, of course. I did not know how to even open a PDF or EPUB (or whatever file type Coolreader actually reads) with that program, so I deleted it.

The good thing about a device this small is that it "sides with" those of us who are obsessive-compulsive about wasting "hard drive" space. I want one reader and only one, and if either of the above read aloud, that would be grand.

I have to read the Android 2.2.1 PDF that...was it Ivanjt? suggested on another thread. But in case any of yooz guyz want to tell me the name of the thing I call the "black Android list of things," I wouldn't mind. Is it a "Menu?" Does Android have "menus" and shared nomenclature with Windows? Or do you betray your stupidity if you use Windowesque language with Android/Linux systems?

Last edited by hilaryfrompa; 01-25-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Stupidity
hilaryfrompa is offline   Reply With Quote