View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 04:30 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Oh, they have released a Linux version of these tools then. Or are you just assuming that everybody uses Windows?
Heavens no! My only assumption is that anyone to whom the creation of Mobi books is important will have equipped themselves with the tools to create them, whether that's by running natively under Windows, running mobigen under Wine, or whatever.

Creating my own books is absolutely vital to me, so I'd never buy a book reader which didn't allow me to create my own books. I don't run Linux (I have Macs and Windows machines) so I, for example, wouldn't buy any reader whose tools ran only under Linux. I'm assuming it's equally true that someone who didn't run Windows wouldn't buy a reader whose creation tools ran only under Windows. That seems pretty reasonable to me!

You have a CyBook Gen3, don't you? How do you create books for it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote