View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
allanguthrie
Enthusiast
allanguthrie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allanguthrie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allanguthrie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allanguthrie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allanguthrie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allanguthrie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allanguthrie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allanguthrie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allanguthrie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allanguthrie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allanguthrie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle and Sony PRS-600
BYE BYE BABY, a police procedural by Allan Guthrie

Hi folks

UPDATE: #10 in UK Paid in Kindle Store (as of 6th Feb 2011)!

I've just published my first police procedural, BYE BYE BABY. It's available for the Kindle at Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk and multiple formats at Smashwords. It's a novella based on a most unusual premise, which I'd mention here but that would spoil the surprise! Here's what I can reveal:

"...there's never been a kidnapping quite like this one." Bill Crider's Pulp Culture Magazine

When a seven-year-old boy disappears after school, the case is handed to Detective Frank Collins. He's been looking to lead a high-profile case for a while, and sets out determined to prove his worth. But the missing schoolboy is only a trigger for another crime. Someone is intent on exploiting the boy's grief-stricken mother. And they have plans for Frank Collins too...

"The approach is so fresh that it makes the whole thing feel like the first time I've read a police story."
Do Some Damage

"...sly, noir as all hell ... and it just might bring a tear of pity to your eyes. It's a police procedural filled with incident and back-story, and man, what an ending."
--Detectives Beyond Borders

"...a purely original, funny, sharp piece of writing"
Death By Killing

"...a dark, clever, funny and sad story which races along to reach a smart conclusion. A tough and lovely slice of the hard side of life."
--You Would Say That, Wouldn't You?

Hope you check it out.

Allan Guthrie

Last edited by allanguthrie; 02-06-2011 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Added info/links
allanguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote