View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #284
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepSnick View Post
I will give it a shot and let you know!

I also had a thought of maybe just deleting all books from my device and reuploading them all back on, and see if it changes which ones error and which ones don't. I figure I have nothing to lose except time.
I could be wrong, but I think on a Nook only the books you have sent since you added the Plugboard will have the plugboard mappings set. It's different on a Sony device, because you can tell Calibre to directly update the metadata inside the Sony book database, for all books on the device, each time you connect - therefore there is no need to resend old books which were there before the plugboard was set up. I don't believe the Nook has this option.

You said previously that the Nook device interface plugin 'had read metadata from files on device is checked'. If so then your pre-plugin books will be using pre-plugin metadata, I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepSnick View Post
I also had a thought of maybe just deleting all books from my device and reuploading them all back on, and see if it changes which ones error and which ones don't. I figure I have nothing to lose except time.
Well, it's always an option. Testing it out first on a single series (as per my prev post) would indicate how successful that is likely to be.

Last edited by jackie_w; 04-08-2012 at 05:41 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote