View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #20
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Personal Kindle Library on Android device

Thanks to the post cited by stepk I successfully configured a closed environment to access from Kindle Paperwhite a personal Kindle library stored on an Android device. In this way we practically extend the limited space on the Kindle with the space on a "personal cloud", i.e. the available space on the Android sdcard.

Configure the Android smartphone or tablet:
- store the kindle library on .../sdcard/Kindle or similar;
- disable the phone WiFi and 3G data communication;
- configure WiFi tethering: set password access, and allow devices on a whitelist; for now, add only your kindle there;
- install kWS and configure as home folder the folder you set the kindle library on; activate directory listing.

Configure the Kindle Paperwhite:
- add the empty file WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE on /mnt/us (i.e. the root of the USB folder), and reboot the Kindle.

Current use:
- Android: start WiFi tethering and kWS (in this order);
- Kindle: start WiFi service and access the WiFi hotspot on your Android device;
- Kindle: start the experimental browser and access the http address of the kWS install (as displayed on the Android screen);
- Kindle: navigate through the folders and download to Kindle whatever files you need;
- Android and Kindle: after use, exit and close the services in reversed order.

Last edited by hfpop; 05-05-2013 at 07:16 AM.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote