View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by panmanthe2nd View Post
I've worked out that it's because of fonts. If I change the font to Dyslexie 'Kṛṣṇa' shows up as 'K ṣ a'. The site she got the books from only gives advice for viewing the diacritic marks properly on Android readers.

I've tried 'Sariga', 'ScaGoudy', 'Sanskrit-Times' and the 'Balarama' fonts (which I downloaded from here and here) but if anything, they seemed to make it worse.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you!
Welcome. I took a look at the web page and it mentioned that the needed font is embedded in the epub so you might want to try setting the font for the epub to Document Default. Otherwise, I've seen quite a few epubs where the font declarations in the css were not done properly and it can be fun redoing them.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but an issue with adding fonts to a Kobo ereader is that the font naming convention is very strict. I looked at the fonts file from the link you posted and the font file names are not correct for a Kobo device. I've attached a copy of the font file here with the fonts renamed. Copy the font files to the root of the Kobo's internal storage in a directory called "fonts" (all lower case) and then power cycle the Touch. After that, you should be able to select a font using the font menu and have it work.

See the "Summary of modified fonts" sticky (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204363 ) for more information.

Regards,
David
Attached Files
File Type: zip fonts.zip (282.8 KB, 212 views)
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote