View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
I wouldn't place too much value on the classics as you can easily download them for free anyway, but I'm tempted to upgrade from my 500 to the 505 for the screen and better USB charging.
I would not (and do not!) use usb charging on the 505. It is still hit-or-miss. (My battery has been drained when connected by usb to a wall wort or computer without the Library software.

You should ALWAYS use a PSP charger--they're cheap, available everywhere, charge faster than usb, and you can use the Reader while charging (unlike with usb, when it works). If you really like usb connections, get a PSP data/power cable, which plugs into a usb jack (computer or wall wort) and has a mini-usb and power plug. *Just* use the power plug, and not the mini-usb connector, to charge.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote