View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #19
CallOfCth'reader
Cultist
CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Not to say I'll be happy if GW collapses; far the contrary. The only remaining miniatures games have no narrative aspect and feel too much like I'm playing a video game on the tabletop.
Back in the old days we used our imaginations to give games narrative, rather than have it force fed us. I stopped playing Warhammer when things started to get rigid, and imagination was discouraged so as to sell expensive character figures (around 3rd edition). And the sculpting on those character figures was often awfully over the top.

The Lord of the Rings miniatures are a lot better, with focus on looking 'realistic', but that is because they were constrained by the license limits.

Other companies have hooked into including powerful character figures in their games, because it's a nice cash cow.
CallOfCth'reader is offline   Reply With Quote