View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #90
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Only in that a group from Haven passed through Derry - and one of them saw Pennywise peering from a sewer grate. (significant because The Tommyknockers takes place two years after IT - which means either IT actually survived or one of ITs eggs survived, hatched, and is using its parent's favorite guise (Ben Hanscom wasn't sure they'd gotten them all))
Actually there is another link. In the book "IT" the kids go through a ritual via which several of them have a vision of the arrival of "IT" on the Earth. They see something apparently crash land in some woods. And in "The Tommyknockers" one of the main characters finds something buried in the ground which had apparently crash landed in the woods a long time ago. I don't think it's too far a stretch to think the two books are linked by that, and that it's a tribute to H.P. Lovecraft who also had some of his stories based on creatures from beyond. In fact Mr. King wrote in his non-fiction book "Danse Macabre" (if I remember correctly) how he'd come across some of his father's books where they had been stored above his aunt's garage after his father had abandoned the family. And I believe some of the stories were reprints of stories that H.P. Lovecraft had written.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote