View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Nolan View Post
Am I missing something? this has to be one of the most pointless apps ever. YOU HAVE TO BE ON THE PC TO SEND BOOKS! I was expecting to be able to to connect remotely to calibre from my S3 then download books. In the dictionary under irony there's a screenshot of this app
Yes, you are missing something. As is said in the app's description, "Calibre Companion supports connecting to calibre over WiFi and be detected by calibre as a device". Doing so permits you to manage the books on your device just as you would manage them on a kindle, a sony, or other reading device. This is what the vast majority of calibre users want. I am sorry that it isn't what you want.

We are going to add a web client, probably this month. The reason: there are times when a user wishes to get one or two books onto the device and isn't in a position to interact directly with calibre (via keyboard and mouse) to do it, but still wants calibre's metadata and wants calibre to know (eventually on connect) that the book is there. This is indeed a useful feature to have. However, this feature will be good for small operations. It will not update the metadata for all the books on the device. It will not auto-transfer news. It will not trigger your reading lists. It will not show you what is in your calibre library and not on your device. It will not permit bulk operations. Etc Etc. That is what the device interface does, and why it exists.

If you purchased the app and are as discontented as you seem to be, use the email button in the help screen to contact my son. Send him your google play transaction details and he will give you a refund.

Last edited by chaley; 09-17-2012 at 01:23 PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote