View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #9
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Hi Winn

I think all of these errors except the NBSP one are down to a single typo in the toc.ncx file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwinn View Post
Line 78 in toc.ncx: <content src="Cross_Purposes_NOOK_final_32011.html/">
You've got the " and / characters the wrong way round at the end of that line. It should be:
Code:
Line 78 in toc.ncx: <content src="Cross_Purposes_NOOK_final_32011.html"/>
Quote:
File: miller_cross_purposes.epub/Cross_Purposes_NOOK_final_32011.html/
Line: N/A
Message: This resource is reachable but not present in the OPF <manifest>.
Note the / at the end of the file name - result of typo above, I think.

Quote:
File: miller_cross_purposes.epub/toc.ncx
Line 78
Message: This <content> element's "src" attribute value is "Cross_Purposes_NOOK_final_32011.html/", but that file does not exist.
Again, the / at the end of the file name.

Quote:
Line 79
no character data is allowed by content model
This is caused by the / being included in the <content> element's "src" value, and so the parser not recognising that the <content> tag has ended, and reading "</navPoint>" as being included in the <content> element.

Quote:
Line 79
Same issue here.

Quote:
File: miller_cross_purposes.epub/Cross_Purposes_NOOK_final_32011.html
Line: 170

Line 170: &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;And to the earth be peace.<br />
This one... I'm not sure, but do you see the space between "N" and "BSP" in the 9th "&nbsp;"? I think perhaps there's a non-standard character lurking there. That space shows in your original post, and is showing when I preview this post, but isn't showing in the raw quoted text that I'm seeing here as I'm typing this. So not sure if it's some sort of artifact when the forum software displays the post, or an indication of something actually in the code. Perhaps deleting and retyping that string of "&nbsp;"s will get rid of this error?
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote