View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
ConstIva
ConstIva began at the beginning.

Device: none
Greeting and a question

Hello everybody!
I am new here since I was not thinking about purchasing an eReader before.

I was pretty happy with my software eReaders I installed on my desktop, which I am tied to like a dog on a leash.

But reading from my screen hurts my eyesight a lot, and this is exactly what brought me here.

I'm now looking for knowledgeable people who could give me a good advise as to a proper hardware eReader device that would perfectly (well, at least as much as possible) comply with a set of obligatoey requirements:

1. capable of displaying texts in several formats, not only dedicated ones (.txt, .pdf, epub, etc.) and images (jpg, jpeg, bmp, gif, png, etc.);

2. capable of displaying texts using non-Latin letters (Cyrillic; Japanese - characters, hiragana, katakana) and diacritic signs used in certain European languages (Czech, French, Polish, German, etc.); if needed, capable of downloading and installing respective fonts;

3. the interface of the device can and preferably should be in English;

4. should be eye-friendly to prevent from further worsening of the already damaged vision;

5. capable of downloading books from different sources, not only from a dedicated one;

6. size and weight should be portable;

7. the price should not exceed $200-$250.

Is it my mad dream or such a device does exist?

Any reliable trustworthy response will be highly appreciated.

Regards, and best wishes to everybody,
Constantine Ivanov
Queens, NY
http://www.PoemsAndReflectionsConstantineIvanov.com
ConstIva is offline   Reply With Quote