Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 12:32 AM   #750
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
I had a chance to look at the Aura first hand a the Chapters bookstore.

From a distance the Aura and the Glo looks the same.

Upon further inspection Aura have the following differences:

Wider Screen: The Aura has the widest screen of all the Kobo Readers even the Kobo Arc. (The Arc is tall, while the Arc is fat).

Thinner: I felt the Aura looked thinner compared to the Glo.

Back Cover: The back cover is smooth - totally different from the rubberized rugged back cover of the Glo. The Aura back cover feels more like a shell. It reminds of a those plastic cafeteria trays from high school or a TV Dinner tray.

Text: Text does look crisper on the Aura.

Software: While the front interface looks different. the software function is the same as the Glo. The extra games like Word Scramble and Solitaire was unplayable. The Aura browser is lousy as the Glo. The Aura cannot handle pages with complex scripts.

At the end I didn't get the Aura because the store didn't have any back cover in stock. I didn't want to get only the Aura and have it naked without a cover.

I am still hesitate getting the Aura and the back cover because the cost is over $200.

Last edited by RZetlin; 05-08-2013 at 10:03 AM.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote