View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #15
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Just don't have any ideas about the source of the problem other than the eariler post that points out that sometimes even Amazon books don't index.
I know this and I wasn't indeed asking a solution. Just wondering if anyone has a clue on how indexing gets done.

The funny thing is that I'm quite sure that the same identical mobi had been correctly indexed before. Right now I backupped the mobi, deleted it from the Kindle via GUI, manually removed the related directories, added it back (via simple file copy) and - EVEN MORE SURPRISE - now it has been properly indexed.

It seems to me that there are two levels of indexing: one to search the single book, and one to search the whole library. If one of these fails for any reason the kindle gives up indexing thus leaving the database incomplete maybe in the hope of having a better luck next time. A fatalistic algorithm?

Last edited by pirl8; 05-09-2012 at 12:28 PM.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote