View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #15
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm a little surprised to hear that - the difference is like night and day to me, especially for text. Have the compared the two screens side by side?
Like Valkrider, I find the differences way less eye-popping.
In direct comparison of course it's pretty obvious - even extreme.

I first compared iPad 1 and iPad 4. I was perfectly fine with iPad 4, but didn't consider it anything special. Only when comparing to iPad 1, especially when using iPhone apps in zoom, I saw the vast difference.
Same for my Surface RT. It's only 1.366 x 768, but I'm perfectly fine with the display quality. Or my MacBook Air 11" with the same resolution.
But then again: I've started reading eBooks on Pocket PCs and Palm Pilots in 2000 and didn't have problems then either.

Always the same: If you want to focus on it, it will be obvious. Once I had seen the gaps between housing and frame on my Nook HD, I couldn't stand it anymore. I couldn't read, I couldn't play games. All I saw was the low build quality.
Same for the resolution of the display: If you want to check out the pixels, you will see them. But if you just start reading, it should be perfectly fine.
We've all read on Notebook displays twice the size of iPad Mini with lower resolution a few years ago perfectly fine...

Last edited by mgmueller; 01-10-2014 at 04:08 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote