View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #42
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I voted for Eye of the Needle, have read (again just recently) the Tuchman offering three times. [Aside, The Guns of August is the only book of hers I´ve been able to find in any eBook format.]

Reading so much about the ¨classic¨ mystery writer, early this year I tried slogging through The Long Goodbye and found myself constantly changing to another book, wondering at Chandlerś highly touted skills.

Which brings me, Bob, to your interchange w/DixieGal and her comment about more frequent participation in the BookClub. I find it very hard to spend hours with a book that you don´t mind putting down to feed the dogs or cut the grass! Is not reading time too precious to be spent on books you can´t really get into when there are so many others to pull from the shelf? Saying this, I do say also that I´ve discovered many authors here on MR that I would never have thought to read that are now among those I watch for...just added The Book Thief on Calibre...but usually after a couple of chapters if it´s not clicking I don´t feel guilty moving on.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote