View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #559
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks for the CSS link. I'll take a look sometime.

I'm still not convinced about FlightCrew for QC as yet, just in case theducks was getting excited at the prospect . I see that those "errors" I pointed out earlier of stuff that Adobe puts into ePubs are still going to show as "errors" and not "warnings". And I would also guess the reason for that - that there are other html situations which that same error number is being used which aren't because of an adobe meta tag.

Its a non-trivial amount of work. I can't see everything being just dumped into an enormous log file being useful or practical. I think theducks had a good suggestion of a feature which gave a count of the errors/warnings, without the details - you open it in Sigil if you want those. However to me the tool looks flawed in the sheer number of "errors" it is going to produce, which means I won't ever use it, and consequently means I have no personal motivation to spend hours adding an implementation for it. If it is a custom column approach, there's all the configuration and implementation of that, plus handling other issues - like theducks suggesting a single column with stuff like "3E2W" but clearly that isn't going to be sortable or naturally searchable which might be an issue for some. So then you would need separate columns for each count.

I'm going to pass at this point, I've got one big feature for Find Duplicates I started on today, an official release of Import List and then I am retiring from plugin updates for a while again after this latest 3 month spurt to catchup the todo lists...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote