Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #13
Hopskinny
Enthusiast
Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Kovid has just released a new version of Calibre that is v0.8.69 with beta drivers to communicate with MTP devices.

There is a thread about this in the Calibre forum, where Kovid is seeking testers for the version. I only saw this thread after reading and replying to your question.

You will see that I have posted my experience in Kovid's thread in the Calibre forum. I have just installed it, and done the tweak that Kovid talks about in his instructions, and Calibre now recognises my Nexus 7. I asked Calibre to list all the books on the device, which it did. I was also successful in getting Calibre to upload a book from the Calibre library to the Nexus 7.

At present the drivers are beta in the new version of Calibre and have only been tested with Win7 and Linux. However, Kovid thought they should work with WinXP provided Windows Media Player 11 (or later) was installed. Thus far, it is working well with my WinXP PC/Nexus 7.

Last edited by Hopskinny; 09-14-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Hopskinny is offline   Reply With Quote