View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #34
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Stiff by Mary Roach: You'll learn all about cadavers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfiend View Post
She has a few great books. I really enjoyed Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. In spite of the topic, it's very entertaining and even funny at times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegematic View Post
I just finished "Packing for Mars" by Mary Roach. It's a well researched and very down to earth (irony not intended) look into how to get humans into space and keep them healthy there. There is a fair bit of potty humor so if that sort of thing puts you off you may not enjoy it as much.
Another vote for Mary Roach. I thought Bonk and Packing for Mars were fun reads (haven't picked up Stiff yet).

How about The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio by Terry Ryan? About a contest-entering mother in the 1950s.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote