View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #91
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Depends on your reading habits. They're pretty much spot on for me. I leave WiFi turned off, have the light on fairly low (normally level 10), and easily get Amazon's claimed 28h of reading time.
See, but that's what gets me.
First, the device is advertised as having WIFI. So what's the point of measuring battery life with WIFI off?
Second - and much more important - 28 hours is NOT 8 weeks. Had they said 30 hours, I would not have had a problem. But attempting to translate that into weeks is, at best, an attempt to obfuscate things. And assuming half an hour of reading per day is certainly going for the low end.
Third, compared to the KT, my PW has substantially shorter battery life. Nothing in Amazon's advertising recognizes that, as far as I recall.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote