View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #49
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I have just glossed over some of the replies; But thought I'd throw this out there:

Have you ever noticed that different home languages change the layout and flow of code? This mainly applies to small projects that I've maintained, but over time I think I've noticed a few trends that make more sense in a cultural rather than learned way.

FWIW : I think the largest gain comes not from writing the actual production code, but rather in communicating ideas and implementing them in the intended way. Being able to lay-out code which is both elegant and intuitive to maintainers and the casual glance; This often requires a more verbose understanding of the API/libs, but then again, what is that if not vocabulary.
Then again, I find people spend too much time crying about documentation (which is usually just related to bad tools/workflow - or a matter for delegation) or writing verbose comments which only serve to accumulate bit-rot and point out the obvious.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote