View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #14
thegreedyfish
thegreedyfish began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylos07 View Post
My gosh, I have search high and low and I can find maybe one page from early 2009 on ebook page formatting. So frustrating. Frustrating because I do not know what I am doing!

Please, what are the best or most common page dimensions for ebooks in early 2011?

I am currently in PDF form and had been using 5.5" x 7" (8.5" x 11" w/1.5" mar L&R and 2" mar T&B. This does not look so good.

Been using latest: Open Writer > PDF Tools 4 > PDF Viewer.
These are children's books my father wrote. We immagine some will read on a ebook reader hand held and many or most will print.

Please help. I have been creating the website, setting up pay options, formatting documents, editing art work, fighting with .css, etc. and I am burned out! This is for my 84 year old father.

Peace and Blessings
Rylos
Hi Rylos,
Did you fix your formatting issues? I hope so and would love to see your finished product!

I am currently facing a similar problem where I have a kids picture book ready to go - all text can be embedded in the pictures - but regardless of that what is the best dimension to produce each picture/page in so that it fits well on the majority of devices?

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Dennis