View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
ereader gifting - which one?

I've always found it hard to think up gifts for my aunt. Because of the How many people have you 'converted' to ebook reading? thread, I thought that an ereader might make for a nice gift given how she likes reading but isn't really the type to have a bunch of filled of bookshelves cluttering the house (most of her books are in boxes in the garage). She also has, I believe, 3 copies of Sorcerer's Stone, 2 copies of Chamber of Secrets, 2 copies of Prisoner of Azkaban, 2 copies of The Da Vinci Code, and probably duplicate copies of other books as well because she can't keep track of what books she's already bought.

Right now, though, I'm not sure which reader to give her. I personally love my PRS-350 and I considered giving her one of those but I think it might be a bit too complicated for her to use (well, to load books into).

I was thinking the Kindle WiFi or 3G might be the best option, however, how do I go about pre-loading DRM'ed books onto it? Am I going to have to link it to my account? Can I send books to the Kindle without opening the package?

Other options I'm considering are the Nook Color (might be good for nighttime reading) and Kobo Touch but I'm not sure how their libraries compare to Amazon's. For the Nook Color, she'll probably be stuck with B&N's store as she's not technical enough to know how to side-load ADEPT ePub.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote