View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 06:09 AM   #11
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I have noticed on this forum quite a number of posts about broken screens (even some where people have left it on the desk/nightstand and next day a cracked screen).

More interested in other peoples' opinions than anything else, but does anyone have any idea why there seems to be a reasonable number of posts about broken screens?

- Are the Kobo readers, especially due to the funky soft back more prone to twisting and cracking?
- Due to the drop in the price of ereaders are more non-tech people buying Kobo's and not realising the durability of new technology?
- Are the Kobo's poorly manufactured?
- Because they are not sold with a protective cover, or lack of advertising the availability of such an accessory (correct me if I am wrong but there isn't an official Kobo cover is there?)

I'm not being negative to the Kobo, just other ereader brands people usually say "oh I dropped it and broke the screen" etc, very rarely do they break without someone knowing why. As I said, I'm interested (love a Kobo wifi at some point still though).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote