View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 03:15 AM   #5
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
When the Compact Disc were introduced, "everybody" was concerned that the media wouldn't last longer than 10years tops before the active (aluminium) layer would be subject to deterioration and fungii. Well, that concern was overrated. I still have (and perfectly playable) CD's from when I bought the very first (music) CD player back in 1985. So, the discs last at least 25 years. (Though most is ripped for use with my Sonos).

The same fuzz came about when digital cameras (especially dSLR's) flooded the market.
"How about compatibility? File conversions? Software? Printers? Printer ink? ... " and so on.
Nothing of this is heard of today.

Technology will continue to improve. I for sure will not lay awake all night, afraid of loosing my ebooks in twenty or twohundred years. (Or my music, or pictures)
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote