View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #74
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chal61 View Post
Doesn't work for me.
Current status: 3.1+Jailbreak ver 0.1+ss 0.18.

I get U007 when I update my K3wifi with update_jailbreak_0.3_k3w_install.bin.

Do I have to remove manually the jailbreak directory?
Oops, stupid OSX snuck some hidden files (unsigned) into the package. I've updated it and it should work now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otichy View Post
Good point! Thanks! Removed almost all hacks and especially those that somehow modified files outside /mnt/us and updated to 3.1 just fine.

One user suggestion - wouldn't it be possible to do away with the hack enabling file completely? Suppose you would rather check for .bin files in root. If it starts with "Update_kindle_" you switch to Amazon mode, if with something else, you switch to Hack mode. Of course you still need to reboot, but at least you don't need to mess up with empty files. Saying that, your current solution is still pretty cool!
That's a great idea, but a "listener" looking for the update file on constant loop would eat away the battery.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote