View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #56
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Self-pub only, or small publishing companies? It's sometimes hard to tell those apart these days. "Indie" is often used for publishing houses with no connection to the big conglomerates.
I agree - and it can make it difficult from the point of view of my review site as well.

Quote:
The book needs to be published independently, or through a small or token publisher. I will determine what is small or token on a case by case basis.
I put this in my review policies - so you can see even with a site dedicated to independent authors I'm still a bit vague on what "indie" is in that regard.

It's quite possible to narrow the definition for the sake of the book club if it's desirable - although given what the book club has been like I doubt it's really going to prevent petty arguments.

For my site, I didn't want to define too specifically in case I was excluding publishers which were just a group of self-published authors banding together for support and branding.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote