Thread: Wool in ePub?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I had a weird thing happen when I read the first three Wool books on my Sony reader. I downloaded them from Amazon (why would I do such a thing? well they were free!) and then converted them in Calibre. The files had extra characters here and there. They are not typos. For a long time I wondered if they were a secret code and I would scrutinize them closely. But I got books 4 and 5 from B&N and they didn't have these extra characters. I have no idea what could have caused this. Here are some examples, copy and pasted from Calibre:

had felt,>As with its floors and floors of apartments

“Do you think it was an accident? A fire or a power outag, be?”

The first year without angher, Holston had waited,

Although I have "bought" dozens and dozens of Amazon freebies, these are the first that I actually *read* so I have no idea if it happens frequently with Amazon books converted with Calibre.

eP
I don't see those errors in the Omnibus edition. Take a look at the Amazon versions and see if you see the errors there. Maybe they were cleaned up for the Omnibus version after these errors were pointed out.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote