View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #249
CallOfCth'reader
Cultist
CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by John the Miner View Post
That's exactly what I meant.
If the world's languages (to be more precise, English) are going to be bastardised to a greater degree by the internet and social media, and, what's more, these bastardisations become accepted as the norm because the standard of education has slipped drastically and fewer and fewer teachers take the time to correct the students, then there's very little point worrying about whether the text in your ebooks is spelt right, or punctuated right, or grammatically right.
If you "proofread" the ebooks, spot the many literals contained therein and then correct them to your heart's content, in many cases it would be like pissing in your wetsuit: it gives you a nice, warm feeling inside; it makes you feel good while you're doing it; it gives you a great sense of relief; nobody else is likely to see you do it; and, best of all, you're the only one who knows you're doing it.
I'd just prefer an ebook I purchase to be error free, if I'm being honest. Kinda like the paper books I buy.
CallOfCth'reader is offline   Reply With Quote