View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 04:03 AM   #161
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroruit View Post
Hi, tshering. I just installed KSM on my kobo aura h2o.
The thing was sometimes it seems like the screen freezes when I tried to shut down. No matter from power key or the power off icon. I'll have to hold the power key to reboot again.
Most of the time this happens. Just once or twice it shut down successfully and shows the power off image. Also when I tried to shut down by the poweroff icon in NICKEL mode, this happens. However shutting down by holding power key in NICKEL mode works fine.
No idea what's happening here. I did customised poweroff image in txt folder. Don't know if that's related?
I am not sure if I am right, but I think what is happening is that when you power off your device from KSM, the screen remains "sometimes" as it was (for instance showing the KSM home menu) instead of showing the power-off screen. The device is however powered off. Before I do further guesswork, my question would be: Did this happen also before you customised the power-off image? If it did not happen, try another image (with a smaller file size), and see whether this helps.

Just for information. None of the KSM applications listens to key messages. That means the only "regular" way to power off from KSM is via the menu entry "power off." If you press the power off button for 15 or more seconds you force the device to power off. I would use this option only if there is no other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroruit View Post
Oh I just found a message when I tried to shut down while usb connecting to pb: cannot open file: mnt/onboard/.adds/kbmenu_user/txt/poweroff_info

Would this help?
This is expected behavior. Your are not supposed to power off while the device is connected as an usb mass storage.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote