View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:16 AM   #1
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Why do Science Fiction writers call Earth, "Terra"?

I know it's the Latin name for Earth. But it's always an English language book to which I refer. And it isn't really a word that has found its way into the English lexicon. I don't read science fiction in any other languages, is this an affectation found in other languages?

Not a huge issue, I know, but it has always struck me as odd. Does anyone have knowledge of why and when this started?
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote