View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #50
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I can get behind that. I currently buy EPUBs at Kobo, BooksOnBoard, Smashwords, Baen, and Robot Trading Company. The main reason B&N isn't on that list is their speshul Nook DRM.

On the same subject, I wish I didn't have to involve my PC in the transfer when buying Adobe DRM'd EPUBs at BooksOnBoard or other non-Kobo sites. I mean, my device will read the protected book (I use the same Adobe ID for just that reason), so why can't I download it directly instead of having to use my PC to handle the .acsm passthrough?
The Sony T1 and T2 should handle those. I haven't tried downloading directly from those sellers as I usually download to my PC, strip DRM, then sideload. I think I downloaded an Overdrive library book and perhaps a Kobo purchase while on the road and away from my PC. I think that most of the readers implement the DRM epub, but not the acsm delivery part.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote