View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
PRS-600 in a PRS-T1 Box

A few days ago I got an email from the Sony Online Store with a discount on Sony Reader accessories.

Last year when Target was selling their T1's for half price I picked one up. I figured my 505 was not going to last much longer and wanted a backup.

After I got the email from Sony I decided to give the new T1 a spin and I ordered a cover & got a free charger. They arrived today and I must admit I was a bit excited. I dragged out the bag with the T1 and opened the box. I then tore into the shipping box with my new cover and charger.

I got the T1 out of the box and tried to place it in the cover but it wouldn't fit. All the time I'm thinking this reader feels heavier than my 505. Isn't the T1 supposed to lighter? Then I realized this has holes? on the left hand side (top and bottom) like the 505 to hook it into the cover. I started examining my new PRS-T1 a bit more and realized there were several things that just didn't add up. Discovered on the back it says PRS-600!

I can't believe this is a factory screw-up. Do you think someone bought the T1 and traded it for their 600? I think it's too late to return to the store. I sent an email to Sony Support. But what can they do?

Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Is the PRS-600 a good reader?

Karen
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote