View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #76
NightGeometry
Zealot
NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX
I don't mind ads at the back of a book for other books, I just won't see them. It annoys me when there are excerpts of the next book in the series at the end of a book, because it messes with my perception of how far through the current book I am.

However, both of those I could live with as they are easy to remove. Anything more than that and I will get it for free - either because that is the offer price, or through other means. In the other means category, I don't expect I would feel any moral issues, as the advert had better be paying the author for lost sales. The ads will still be stripped, obviously.

This presupposes a format that can be edited. If the book is only available in a format that can't be opened and edited then ads are pretty much a no go, unfortunately. (Probably would live with the book ad at the end in this scenario, without too much worry).
NightGeometry is offline   Reply With Quote