View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 01:47 AM   #16
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
I saw on the video that Mary Lou Jepsen actually reads this thread!

I wondered if ever replacement screens will become available,it would nearly be impossible to keep track of all sizes and differences in screen controllers.

How would they solve the problem of the DIY who takes out his laptop/netbook screen and replaces it with the PixelQI?

Not only does the screen need to have a small change in drivers (to support B&W), but the LCD connector pins need to be the same as the original, meaning,if my LCD screen comes with a connector like a zif connector, it's easy replacable. But I'm sure many models out there will not have the standard connector pinns. (and, of course, the screen need to be the right size and resolution).

If they do plan on making netbook replacement screens, I hope they will send a sample to JKKmobile to do.
He does good reviews, and with a little video from a trusted source, I'm sure a lot of people will feel more secure in doing this themselves (that is,if not too much soldering and fine electronic modifications are necessary).

BTW, did pixel Qi use a technique to improve light reflection on the white background by using a technique similar to the one found in reflectors? (Eg: transparent plastic with triangles on the back)?
I'm sure I saw that the screen focuses the light into the area where the head of the user would be; cause when the camera went lower, the screen turned darker.

Last edited by ProDigit; 06-08-2009 at 01:52 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote