View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #26
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Still confused - that link you posted is exactly where you should be going. Doesn't that give you exactly the page as per the screenshot attached? And clicking on the link that says "Download calibre" should directly download the .msi file?

If it doesn't then your browser is already infected with something nasty. And if it does, then you still haven't explained where/why you were downloading 7zip_setup.exe?

I am always confused as to how people end up downloading "dodgy" versions of calibre - it seems so straightforward to me to follow the download link on the calibre website, why would you be going anywhere else? You are not the first to post about it going wrong for you here, so don't think I am picking on you, I am just curious how people get themselves into a pickle with this. 7zip is absolutely nothing to do with calibre, and calibre's website is one of the all too few that doesn't infest itself with misleading download links from advertisers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Download1.png
Views:	176
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	85359  
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote