View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #14
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
Lastly, and worst, there is no searching within sideloaded books. So if I want to look at a book title starting with the word "The". I get to hit the right page turn button, Oh... about 125 times to get to those titles. ALL of these problems are solved in nookLibrary when I rooted.
I agree that the unrooted classic nook is annoying on many fronts but there are two new "My documents" features in the 1.5 update. There is author sort in addition to 'sort by recent'. More importantly, there IS a search feature in My Documents now that makes it eminently usable. I don't even bother with sort (unless I'm browsing) - the search works just fine (search by author or title or just a word or two - no problem at all).

In fact, I would say that there are only two annoyances left in the classic nook now - (1) no export of annotations/highlights and (2) no metadata beyond author/title/publisher (I would really like book descriptions to be read and displayed while browsing 'my docs').

Oh, and also, they broke the epub reader in 1.5 . Used to be able to parse multi-level TOCs (which I painstakingly put in several books). Now, it doesn't. That's B&N for you - two steps forward and one backward.
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote