View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
DragonLeHeart
DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle, Sony, Lookbook, Literati, others
The screen works well and everything seems to be going OK for the most part. I haven't tried to register it yet, but hope that goes well. The 3G card works well too. I'm half ready to do in the person who sold me the motherboard though, as they broke off some of the tabs that hold the ribbon cables. Also spent 3 hours looking for the volume button when it fell out (need a cleaner workspace :P). So far everything seems to be working pretty well together, but I really need to find a decent adhesive to get the cable for the scroll button to stay in place as every time I screw the midboard back on the cable falls out. For anyone who is thinking about using different case parts, the DXG back and the DX bezzel don't seem to want to connect very well.
I also managed to break the plastic on the speaker cable that connects the midboard (with built in speakers) to the motherboard. Cut the wires, use the wire strippers, soder on a piece from another speaker, a hot glue gun wrapper to cover the exposed soder (I'm out of electrical tape and the wires are really small) and a lot of swearing (too much caffeine and really hot tools don't mix) and we're back in business. Until the scroll button ribbon cable fell out...again. Of course everything is screwed tightly together and locked in place.
Well, as the saying goes "you get what you pay for" and I skimped on the motherboard and midboard prices (and would probably do it again based on my budget).
I will get it fixed and continue bench testing. Further updates pending soon
Anyone have any good ideas on decent adhesive or other ways to get the ribbon cable to stay connected?
DragonLeHeart is offline   Reply With Quote