View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #22470
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
The eastern world, it is exploding
Violence flarin’, bullets loadin’
You’re old enough to kill, but not for votin’
You don’t believe in war, but what’s that gun you’re totin’
And even the Jordan River has bodies floatin’

But you tell me
Over and over and over again, my friend
Ah, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve
Of destruction.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_u6Mqsvw8k )

It's remarkable that a song written in 1965 can still be so topical today...

Good morning, everyone! Sunday best to you all. I have East India Company's "Assam" tea to drink this morning, and a bowl of 'something' my wife made last night for dinner... sort of a pumpkin/onion/shitake mushroom and chicken stew. Pretty tasty, actually. It's a popular winter dish in Japan, and it certainly is winter. I'm sitting here wearing a hat and fingerless gloves... 3° outside and feels almost the same inside...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
You have a valid point.... I guess you don't accept excuses?
"I" accept them. Do 'you' accept them?
If it were me, I'd want to stop having to fast every other day as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Wonder who will make the next end of the world prediction?
What folks don't seem to understand it that the world already ended. This is just the wind-down now.
The American Indians call it 'Koyaanisqatsi,' (which was a great movie, by the way) or Life out of Balance. The Hindus believe we are in 'Kali Yuga.' Same idea. Me? I say 'take a look around you.' The whole world is falling apart. Economically, emotionally, climatologically, militarily, legally... The Bible teaches us that God created the world in six days. Modern scholars understand this to mean six 'time periods,' not necessarily six 24-hour periods. What ever it was, it took 'time' to create. I think it's just taking that same time to finish...

... but there IS time for one more cup of tea.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote