View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #16
phoeagon
Enthusiast
phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by digbybare View Post
Is "M come" a standard Cantonese phrase? Also, do phrases like "We We Wet Wet" not have characters they can be written in?

I don't know Cantonese so I'm genuinely curious.
----------------------

alright i missed a post saying that it's a cantonese dictionary.
----------------------

I think "M come" is used to avoid the ambiguity of defining "M", which, in this particular situation, means menstruation. it's commonly used on Chinese SNS websites though.

I can confirm that "pat pat" or "食鹽多過你食米,行橋多過你行路 食盐多过你食米, 行桥多过你行路", "畫公仔唔使畫出腸 画公仔唔使画出肠" are obviously Cantonese. but many non-standard, uncommon characters are used to “put the language into scripts” so maybe the author didn't know about the actual characters or he simply doesn't have an input method specially designed.
anyway, besides, though i'm a Cantonese speaker, i'm no native and i'm not sure about the last phrase.

BTW, the "Ron Weasley" part is from Harry Potter, the Taiwan based edition.

Last edited by phoeagon; 11-09-2012 at 09:48 PM.
phoeagon is offline   Reply With Quote