View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Thumbs up

Indeed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The problem you are having has nothing to do with any particular eReader but with a Unix file system. You are using illegal characters and they file names cannot be read. This can apply to folders and to files themselves. In general use ascii text for any file or directory name and you are better off if you don't use spaces, particularly in directory names. See ASCII in our wiki.
When upgrading the f/w failed to change the problem, illegal characters was my next wild guess, and did prove to correct the worst of it.

The remaining stubborn file has a very short/text-only/no spaces filename and is in a directory whose other EPUBS open flawlessly - so it is a mystery, and likely can remain so for a long time as I have much else I can read (and have that title as an audiobook as well).

As an old user from the DOS era, it took me a very long time to accept the 'enhanced' file naming ideas and I've habitually always avoided spaces in filenames because that was certain death in case of any errors back when 8dot3 was the rule...so naming the one folder #.newest was a stretch for me to start with, and will not be missed now that it has been fixed.

Thanks for replying.
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote