View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 09:22 PM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeister0
I just scan the images into a PDF. It takes a lot less time, and OCR errors really bug me for some reason.
I was wondering myself about how many people just scan the pages and don't bother with OCR because of mistakes. I've tried reading some OCR'd books, though, and it didn't really cause me any trouble because once you get used to the types of mistakes it's pretty easy to figure out what the text was supposed to have been... it's the same kinds of letters and letter pairs that get confused all the time.

The main problem I see with scanning to pdf without OCR is if you want to read on a small screen device or if you need small file sizes. It just wouldn't seem to be useful for mobile reading unless you are using a laptop. Even the new UMPCs might be too small for a scanned book, wouldn't they?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote