View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #362
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
From Mac OS X you've got two choices, you can associate the .pyw file with the Python Launcher (it's somewhere under /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Current Version/Resources, IIRC; I'm on the Windows netbook so I can't go check my Mac right now) so you can double-click and get a GUI window from which you select and process your Mobi files one at a time.

This is actually kind of tedious, and what I prefer to do is use the Python version of the script directly (in the unpacked "lib" folder as mobi_unpack.py) and alias it in my .profile so I can just call it with a simple command in the Terminal.

If you just want to run it to see how it works, open up a Terminal window and then type "python " and drag and drop the mobi_unpack.py onto the Terminal window and press enter, and then you can see the options. After that, just repeat as above with your selected option and drag and drop your Mobi file from the Finder to process.

Hope this helps.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote