Thread: Development Pocket Edge 2.2 NEW Firmware
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #301
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsk8r View Post
Hi all - not sure if this is in the right place but I followed the "update your PE" with the Golden Allmine download (+ the gapps) and nothing happened after holding down the Menu and Rotate keys - the reader just booted up normally.

I waited to see if it would go into the update mode after about 5 minutes but it just booted up to the normal screens. I repeated the process at least 3 times.

One thought - could the fact that I switched screens - reader to the right-hand side (easier for me to read this way) but this seems innocent enough.

Any help would be appreciated as I've done this a ton of times with my Pandigital reader. Thanks.
A few things to check.

You are using the rc3 version.
You did unzip that version and read the instructions in the zip.
Your USB stick is formatted FAT32.
There is nothing else on the USB stick.
You have confirmed that update.zip is update.zip and not update.zip.zip
You have tried another USB stick - not all USB sticks are created equal.

After you have checked those and it still does not work, try using an SD card instead of the USB stick.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote