View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #1529
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
I am on Kindle 2, and my set up was fine, with jailbreak, font and screensaver hacks, and Duokan installed. I decided to remove all of this, and update with NiLuJe's latest work. So I removed Duokan, then all hacks and jailbreak. Then I used NiLuJe's new jailbreak, installed screensavers hack, then installed the latest Duokan, then installed NiLuJe's latest font hack, then added Georia 2 fonts. Everything went perfectly.

It seems important, if one plans on using Duokan, to install the font hacks after installing Duokan. Installing Duokan after the fonts hack seems to cause problems (not serious ones, but it seems to interfere with the font hack).

So, if Amazon decides to update Kindle 2 firmware, I'm ready.

Thanks, NiLuJe!

Edit: Actually, I didn't have a font selection until I went back and reinstalled an older version of Duokan -- don't know why. But installed after the most recent font hack worked perfectly. So it seems I am wrong about the installation order, at least with the latest hacks.

Last edited by montalex; 03-01-2011 at 07:16 AM. Reason: wrong info.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote