View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #15
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
It is perhaps guaranteeing that writers will be able to continue being paid for their work.

And publishers do a lot more than readers know about, really.

I think it's still way too early to make proclamations about the new paradigm. It's been two days. Wait and see how things shake out. It's still not clear whether things will be better for the consumer or not.

Also, for me "lower pricing" has never really been the attraction of ebooks. It's been the convenience and not having to store them. So obviously I'm going to have a different opinion than others. It has always seemed to me to be dangerous to depend upon any retailer for continuing to support artificially low prices.

I am certainly not having a hard time finding stuff to read. More the opposite problem, really!

Last edited by MaggieScratch; 04-02-2010 at 01:45 PM.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote