View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #10
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andurian View Post
You can just use ^p (those two characters) in the search and replace box in Word to deal with blank lines.

As you describe it, there is a ^p after each line. If there is a blank line between paragraphs there should be a ^p^p between paragraphs - the first being after the last line, the second being the one that creates the blank line between them.
I think I forgot to mention there are no spaces between the paragraphs either. It's really confounded me because I've fixed text files before but not sure what to do since there is no indent, no paragraph breaks between paragraphs...

Here's an example.

"A mental sigh of relief reached him: Nikki's thought, Mik-
hyel's, or both; or perhaps just his own.
But it was a short-lived relief. At the gate, chaos reigned,
delivery vehicles jammed the opening, the silk balloons that
normally rose above them, taking the strain off the axles,
lay limp over the cargo or deflated even as they watched;
further evidence, if they needed it, that the node's power
umbrella was rapidly failing.
Or perhaps, Deymorin thought, as he raised his eyes to
see stormciouds gathering above the city, that energy was
being redirected."

In the file I have, after every line there is a ^p formatting mark.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote